Buy Bruins Tickets @ StubHub

Monday, March 03, 2008

Lucky number 7

I'm still here. Sorry I haven't been posting but I haven't had much time to myself. I've watched all the games and I know exactly what I want to write, I just need some time so I can sit at my computer and type it all out. That being said, I'm heading to the Garden now to catch the Bruins-Leafs game. Go Bruins!


Update: Alright, so the hockey gods did not want the Bruins to win 7 in a row. The Bruins suffered their worst loss of the season at the hands of the Washington Capitals 10-2. The Bruins get to comeback to the Garden Tuesday night, when they'll try to redeem themselves against Florida.

Tonight the Bruins go for their seventh straight win when they play the Washington Capitals in DC. Tim Thomas will start in net for the Bruins, he won the NHL's second star of the week award for going 3-0-0. Meanwhile we will most likely see newly acquired goalie Christobol Huet for the Capitals. Huet was traded from Montreal to Washington at the trade deadline. The NHL's leading goal-scorer, Alexander Ovechkin, will also be in the lineup for Washington. Despite having Ovechkin, the Capitals are having a tough season and this should be an easy win for the Bruins.

According to Fluto Shinzawa's post (linked to in the last paragraph), Chuck Kobasew and Phil Kessel have switched lines. This brings more speed to the second line. Kobasew, however, is certainly not slow. He's a great skater and I don't think this swith will make that much of a difference. Here are the expected lines:

Axelsson-Savard-Murray
Sturm-Metropolit-Kessel
Lucic-Krejci-Kobasew
Reich-Sobotka-Thornton

Chara-Wideman
Ference-Ward
Stuart-Hnidy

Thomas

With a win tonight, the Bruins could surpass their win total (35) from last season.

Before I go, I'd just like to say that the Ordway family is in the prayers of Bruins Nation. Glen Ordway, host of WEEI's The Big Show, is having some health problems with his family.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?