Buy Bruins Tickets @ StubHub

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Harvard, BC earn wins in the 56th Beanpot semifinals

Last night featured some very good hockey. All four teams, in my opinion, played above themselves. Both games were full of very aggressive play, and very technical play. I also would like to add that I called both games. If you care to scroll down to my last post, you'll read that I had both BC and Harvard winning. I was one goal off in both games. I had Harvard winning 3-2, and BC winning 4-2. Last night Harvard pulled off the upset over 14th ranked Northeastern 3-1, and 9th ranked Boston College beat Boston University 4-3 in overtime.

Ted Donato must have made a great speech to the guys in Crimson before the game because Harvard came ready to play. Very quickly the score was 3-0 Harvard. After a solid second period, and a defensive-minded third period, Harvard came away with the 3-1 win. All three of Harvard's goals looked very nice. They might have some future NHLers on that team.

The second game was one that we know featured future NHL players. BU came out to an early lead, then BC scored twice ten seconds apart. BU scored twice in the second, but Jerry York's boys scored in the third and then in overtime to give them the win. This one, more so then any other college game I've seen, was very physical!

Harvard will play Boston College next Monday night at 8:00.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?