Buy Bruins Tickets @ StubHub

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Tanabe signs with the Hurricanes, meanwhile I found out I should be an arbitrator

Today the Carolina Hurricanes announced that they signed former Bruins Defensman David Tanabe. Earlier this offseason a judge awarded Tanabe a one year 2.75 million dollar contract. The next day Peter Chiarelli and the Boston Bruins walked away from the contract. I blogged about this when it happened. Here's the entry. At the end of the entry I stated that I agreed with Chiarelli. Here's the actual quote from the entry.
This is sad news, I liked David Tanabe, he was very good. He was not worth 1.275 million though, that is for sure. If I was the arbitration judge I would have awarded him a one year 900,000 dollar contract.
There it is. I said it just a few weeks ago, David Tanabe should have been awarded a one year 900,000 dollar contract. Well guess what? Today Tanabe signed with the Hurricanes for a One year 900,000 dollar contract! I know, I think I too should be an arbitrator. Though I don't know if they would hire someone with the title president of Bruins nation. They might think I have a bias.

All in all, I think it's great that Tanabe was resigned by somebody. He really is good and he played really well for the Bruins. He was often overlooked in Boston and I wish him the best in Carolina.

|



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?